Friday, July 8, 2016

$54M grant will improve safety, efficiency on I-10 corridor

STATE CAPITOL, PHOENIX – Senator Barbara McGuire (LD-8) released the following statement on the awarding of a $54 million federal FASTLANE grant to widen and improve I-10 between Tucson and Phoenix:
Sen. McGuire

"The I-10 corridor is critical to the people of LD8 and to our economy. As a member of the Senate Transportation Committee, I know that this grant will improve our ability to safely and efficiently travel throughout Central Arizona and between Tucson and Phoenix," said Sen. McGuire.

"In this year's budget we included $30 million for these improvements, contingent on receiving this FASTLANE grant. Now, thanks to Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick's strong leadership on behalf of our district, a combined $84 million will ensure the I-10 corridor will be ready to handle future growth in LD8."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here: