Monday, August 4, 2014

Statement on the passing of Senator Chester Crandell

STATE CAPITOL, PHOENIX - Senate Democratic Leader Anna Tovar released the following statement on the passing of Senator Chester Crandell:

"The news of Senator Chester Crandell's passing comes as a profound shock to myself and my colleagues at the Legislature. He was a leader in the tradition of Arizona's pioneer spirit, serving with integrity, respect and a wry sense of humor. I fondly recall sharing stories of community and family with Chester and I know that he deeply loved both.

"He cherished and spoke often and proudly of his wife Alice, his 9 children and 36 grandchildren. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with them during this difficult time. 

"Senator Crandell leaves a legacy at the Legislature as a statesman of genuine character and conviction. He will be greatly missed. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here: