Representative Chad Campbell, D-14, House Minority Leader
|Sen. David Schapira|
“This year, our state’s 100th birthday, is a chance for the state legislature to get things right and work for the people of Arizona in the next 100 years,” House Minority Leader Chad Campbell said. “We want Arizona to move on a path of economic success instead of the direction it’s been headed — toward destructive divisiveness that rips our state apart. It’s time for a new direction.”
- Adopt ethics reform to stop gifts and favors to legislators from special interests in the wake of the Fiesta Bowl scandal.
- Create a lower tax burden for small businesses who hire Arizona workers.
- Create local preference for in-state bidders on state and local contracts.
- Require a competency test for courses taken at schools that provide online instruction and conduct audits of those schools to ensure accountability.
- Stop private prison expansion, which has led to serious safety issues, including violent prisoners escaping and committing murders and costs Arizona taxpayers more than traditional public prisons.